MU VISA ADVISOR:
In anticipation of the H-1B cap filing date of April 1, 2017, MU Law will be holding a free teleconference for our clients and friends on February 15, 2017 at 2PM / 11AM PT. Interested clients and friends should email MU’s Annalisa Smith, who will register you for the teleconference.
We will also have a special update on the new Trump administration. MU Law's Chris Musillo is traveling to Washington DC in early February. On this call, Chris will provide an update on what potential changes will be coming to employment-based immigration in light of the new administration.
H-1B Teleconference Agenda
- H-1B Cap Basics and Projections
- H-1B Dependency
- H-1B issues for Staffing Companies and Third Party Placements
- What is Third- Party Placement v. In-House work?
- Employer-Employee relationships
- Hot issues:
- Cap-gap for F-1s
- CPT / OPT maintenance
- NIV maintenance
- H-4 EAD rule
- H-1B amendments: lengthy processing times
- Top 10 things H-1B employers can do to stay compliant
- Legislative Update
- What we can expect from the Trump administration and the Republican congress.