Every few months Charlie Oppenheim of the Department of State discusses predictions for future Visa Bulletins. MU Law has spoken with Mr. Oppenheim several times in the past and have always found that his projections are well thought out and very accurate.
Here are his projections for a recent conversation with AILA:
- India EB-2: before the end of the summer India EB-2 will be into 2008.
- Worldwide EB-2: no major changes.
- Worldwide EB-3, including Philippines: as happens every summer, EB-3 may retrogress and even become unavailable until the new fiscal year that starts October 1, 2014.
- China EB-3: demand has been steady since the China EB-2 and China EB-3 dates flip-flopped. China EB-3 may retrogress his summer.
- National Visa Center: the NVC is now sending out Fee Bills 8-12 months in advance of the expected priority date becoming current. Previously, the NVC had been sending out the Fee Bills 12-18 months in advance.