In anticipation of the H-1B cap filing date of April 1, 2015, MU Law will be holding a free teleconference for our clients on February 4, 2014 at 2PM / 11AM PT. Interested clients should email MU’s Annalisa Smith, who can register you for the teleconference.
Last year the H-1B cap was reached in the first week; we expect that the demand will be even greater this year. It is imperative that all H-1B cap-subject petitions are filled on April 1, 2015.
H-1B cap-subject petitions include:
* International students working on an EAD card under an OPT or CPT program after having attended a U.S. school
* International employees working on a TN may need an H-1B filed for them in order for them to pursue a permanent residency (green card) case
* Prospective international employees in another visa status e.g. H-4, L-2, J-1, F-1
* H-1B workers with a cap exempt organization
* Prospective international employees currently living abroad
In addition to the H-1B cap discussion, MU lawyers will also provide an employment-based immigration legislation update.