Friday, February 14, 2014


Project to project, location to location, client to client.  Many of our clients regularly relocate as their jobs demand.  A reminder that whenever you change your home address, we ask that you contact our office so we can update our records.  Most immigration forms require that we list your home address and we want to make sure that we have your correct address.
In addition to updating our law firm, you’ll need to report a change of address to the USCIS within 10 days of moving.  You can update your address with the USCIS by filing a form AR-11 in hard copy or online.  Please note that if you have an application currently pending with the USCIS you must update your address online to ensure the new address is assigned to your pending application. 
You can obtain the change of address form from the attorney or paralegal handling your case or on the USCIS website Complete the information requested on the form, including present address, last address (most recent only), A number or registration (I-94) number, country of citizenship, date of birth, and your signature.  You do not need to include temporary addresses as long as you maintain your present address as your permanent residence and continue to receive mail there.

When filing an AR-11 either online or in hard copy you should always keep a copy of the confirmation page and/or the form itself for your records.  

1 comment:

  1. In Travis and Williamson Counties, trucking accidents can occur in a split second. If you or a loved one were seriously injured, take action now. We are prepared to present your case with a direct, aggressive approach. Give Attorney Greenway a call today at (512) 452-9996 for a free consultation or visit his firm at 3508 Far W. Blvd., Suite 350, Austin, TX 78731 to discuss your personal injury claim. Results matter at the Greenway Law Firm.
    Austin Personal Injury Attorney


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.